Home Latest T20 World Cup: English Players Showed Advantage Of Playing In BBL, Says Rahul Dravid | Cricket News

T20 World Cup: English Players Showed Advantage Of Playing In BBL, Says Rahul Dravid | Cricket News

T20 World Cup: English Players Showed Advantage Of Playing In BBL, Says Rahul Dravid | Cricket News

[ad_1]

An in depth expertise of enjoying the Big Bash League in Australia contributed to Jos Buttler and Alex Hales‘ absolute dominance over India within the second T20 World Cup semifinal, stated head coach Rahul Dravid on Thursday. Buttler (80 not out) and Hales (86 not out) added 169 runs in simply 16 overs to finish embarrass India by 10 wickets in a high-profile semifinal. Hales has performed the utmost quantity of BBL amongst present English group, having donned the Melbourne Renegades and Sydney Thunder’s jerseys.

“I mean, sure, there’s no doubt about it the fact that England — a lot of their players have come here and played. In this tournament, it certainly showed. It’s tough,” Dravid admitted that the winners had a bonus.

Buttler has additionally performed for the Thunders and each the England openers have plied their commerce towards native workforce Adelaide Strikers at this very floor right here.

The BCCI would not enable any lively Indian cricketer to play in abroad T20 leagues. “I think it’s very difficult for Indian cricket because a lot of these tournaments happen right in the peak of our season,” stated Dravid when requested if enjoying within the BBL would profit the Indians.

“I think it’s a huge challenge for us. Yes, I think a lot of our boys maybe do miss out on the opportunities of playing in a lot of these leagues, but if you were to — it’s really up to the BCCI to make that decision,” he landed the ball on guardian physique’s courtroom.

The BBL is held proper on the time of Ranji Trophy and therefore there isn’t a probability that any Indian children will get an opportunity to play. Giving gamers an opportunity to play different leagues will end India’s home tourneys.

“The thing is it’s (BBL) right in the middle of our season, and with the kind of demand there would be for Indian players, if you allowed all of them to play in these leagues, we would not have a domestic cricket,” he stated.

“Our domestic trophy, our Ranji trophy would be finished, and that would mean Test cricket would be finished,” Dravid stated.

The BCCI would face a catch-22 scenario in the event that they open the doorways for its gamers to ply their commerce in overseas leagues.

“I know a lot of people talk about it, but we have to be very careful when we — we have to understand the challenges that Indian cricket faces or the BCCI would face in a situation like this.” If Indian gamers are allowed in different leagues, Dravid feels Indian cricket will change into like West Indies, which is struggling to maintain the Test format afloat.

“You’d see all our boys — like a lot of boys being asked to play leagues right bang in the middle of our season. We’ve seen what that’s done to West Indian cricket, and I would definitely not want Indian cricket to go that way.

“It would definitely have an effect on our Ranji trophy; it will have an effect on Test cricket. Indian boys enjoying Test cricket is fairly necessary for the Test recreation, as properly, I might assume,” he added.

We were 20 runs short in Powerplay overs

Dravid agreed that on the day, the team wasn’t good enough against England.

“Over the final yr, we’ve performed some good T20 cricket. Even on this event, I believe we have had our moments. But on the day we had been simply not ok right here,” he said.

For Dravid, the loss in another knockout game is “disappointing however not a debacle”.

“Yeah, it is disappointing. Debacle I’m undecided is the precise phrase, however disappointing actually.” The coach was the first one to admit that they fell short of par score by posting 168 for six.

“Maybe when the sport began, the boys had been saying it was slightly bit cheesy, it was slightly bit slower. Having stated that, they bowled rather well.

“I thought they were really good up front. They hit really good lengths, didn’t really let us get away. We felt at that 15-over mark we felt we were probably 15-20 short, and we really had a good last five overs,” he stated.

No swing for Bhuvi, Arshdeep

The new ball did not swing for each Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Arshdeep Singh and that was one main motive for India’s heavy defeat.

“The ball didn’t swing here probably as much as it has in other parts of Australia or in other conditions. Played a little bit into their hands, and class players like that, both Buttler and Hales, I thought their partnership was fantastic.

Promoted

“I believe they simply put the stress on us, by no means let that go, and even when our spinners got here on a wicket that we thought we would be capable of management the sport,” he reasoned.

(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Topics talked about on this article

[adinserter block=”4″]

[ad_2]

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here